After unravelling that previous cable hat, I then knitted two more in a larger size.
They turned out pretty well. I used size 7 circular needles, Lion Brand wool-ease yarn in Oxford Grey, and casted on 108 stitches (instead of 96) with a cable cast on. I did a 3 inch ribbing brim on one and about a 2 3/4 inch brim on the other. For each one I did 4 repeats total of the cable pattern rounds 1-8, and I did an additional decrease round at the end for round 18. Pattern is from here.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Here is a cable hat I just finished today. I turned out nice but it was too small. I had a feeling it was going to be too small while I was knitting it but I decided to keep going, finish and then try it on. I was right it was too small. So, I frogged it. For the non-knitters that means I totally unravelling it all back into a ball of yarn (frogs say 'rip it out, rip it out' hence the term). It's the first time I've frogged a completed knitted item. I'm going to make another one larger and see how that ends up. I got the pattern from here.