Sunday, October 22, 2006

first scarf

I've started my first scarf. I've been knitting for I'd guess about 10 or so years now (off and on) and I've never made a scarf. I was very excited to buy the Scarf Style book after seeing several finished Backyard Leaves scarfs around on the internet. I basically bought the book for that pattern. It's by Annie Modesitt. I really like some of her other patterns that have been published in Interweave Knits and she has a few free patterns on her blog. There are several other scarfs in the book that I'd like to make eventually. There were a couple of scarfs in the book that I didn't really like, one of which was the Misty Garden scarf. I'm not a big fan of fuzzy yarns. But then I saw a finished one posted by someone somewhere (I can't find it now) knitted in a different yarn from the one in the book and it looked totally different. So, of course I've started the one that I didn't like at first, the Misty Garden scarf, and I've put off making the Backyard Leaves scarf. I started on I think 10/19 and I'm using Artyarns supermerino in colorway 115 reds with size 7 needles. (The Backyard Leaves scarf pattern is also included in the Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts special issue.)

No comments: