I've been working on finishing up some of my WIP's recently. I decided I'm not going to start anything new until I finish up some of these current projects (finish up some but not necessarily all, but just maybe most). The urge to start something new has been almost unbearable lately. I'm so anxious to start on the Swallowtail Shawl from the fall Interweave Knits magazine and the Backyard Leaves scarf from Scarf Style. I've been shopping for yarn for the swallowtail shawl and I am considering using Gloss from Knit Picks but am not sure if I really love any of the available colors. So the shopping continues. I also want to make either gloves or mittens out of my leftover clapotis yarn. I don't think I have enough left over for two complete mittens of gloves so I plan on knitting the cuffs in navy blue. In the meantime here is what I'm working on currently:
The Isabeau purse (free pattern from Chez Plum) just needs a button strap, button and a lining. I'm thinking of using some type of red fabric for the lining. I want something that somewhat contrasts in color so the lace will stand out but I don't want it to clash of course and I don't want to use white. I have a feeling sewing the lining will take quite a bit of effort and time unfortunately as I'm not very good or experienced at that type of thing.
The Evonne shrug needs sleeves. There is some major edge curl problems even after blocking and so I'm going to have to do some modification. At this point I plan on adding a hem along the back bottom, and then maybe a crochet edging.
My Bohemian pouch (from the winter 00/01 Interweave Knits) needs to be assembled. I finished knitting the handle strap a couple nights ago. I had debated about even doing the strap as the pattern specified because it seemed so difficult and I thought it would take me a year to do it. I considered substituting an icord or just braided yarn. In the end I did it as specified and it took about one full evening instead of a year. The strap turned out much better than a braid or icord and it matches the top edge style of the pouch so I'm glad I did it. Now I need to stitch it together and add a lining. Again, the lining intimidates me.