Monday, November 06, 2006

misty garden

I finished the misty garden scarf from Scarf Style on Nov 1. I used 3 skeins of artyarns supermerino and size 7 needles. It's about 6 1/2 inches wide and aprox. 50 inches long. It was a very easy knit. It was the first thing I've knitted where I didn't have to really keep track of anything. I quickly memorized the pattern and didn't have to count anything. I didn't have to count rows or stitches or any of that. It was nice. I just knitted till I used up my three skeins of yarn and then that was it. I didn't quite have enough to do a proper bind of row. So I slid the stitches onto another needle and did a kind of loop over loop bind off and pulled the yarn tail thru the last loop. I did block it to open up the eyelet holes a bit more. It looks really good I think.

I bought the Wrap Style book. I couldn't resist when I saw some of the finished Wandering Fields capelets that were posted on the Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along blog.

Interweave is going to be coming out with a Lace Style book also. It's on their web site. It's going to be out in Feb '07.

No comments: