Monday, November 13, 2006

shrug finished...next up - cables

The evonne shrug is done. I can't say that I'm that all that happy with how it turned out. I'm not crazy about the edge curling, and the edges seem a bit unfinished looking. I added a ribbing along the back edge to stop the curl then experimented with picking up stitches along the front edges, added a crochet edging then took it out, added a clasp in front then took it out. Nothing could improve it. It is just the nature and style of the pattern and I didn't realize it before knitting it up. I'm considering unraveling the ribbing I added along the back edge and resigning to the curl. It's for my mom so I'll see what she would prefer.

I've ordered yarn for my next major project, the wandering aran fields capelet from the wrap style book. I decided on cascade 220 in burgandy. There are a lot of cables in this pattern which is why I picked it. I hope the burgandy yarn isn't to dark for the cables to show well. I was going to do the swallowtail shawl from the fall '06 IK next but then changed my mind. I still plan on doing the shawl at some later time, probably in JaggerSpun Zepher Wool-Silk in the dk weight unless I change my mind again. (I was considering gloss from KnitPicks). I'm going to put off knitting the falling leaves scarf from scarf style until after Christmas.

I'm still working on finishing my WIP's. I've been working on my loon sweater again. I've elevated it from a stalled project to a WIP project. I finished one sleeve this week and so am one sleeve away from finishing it. There is a picture on my web page. I know it's not really the style now days but that's ok. I like loons and wanted to try intarsia. Anyways, I'll just probably not wear it out in public I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of talent, and ambition!

Unknown said...

I think the shrug is beautiful! Any Mom would be proud to wear such wonderful garment created with so much care and talent!!!