I've finished my Wandering Aran Fields cape.
I used 3 1/2 skeins of Cascade 220 in color #2401 burgundy and size 6 (for the collar and button band) and size 7 needles. I started on 11/18/06 and finished 1/7/07. I made pretty quick progress thru the cable chart but when I hit the 9 inches of ribbing for the collar I slowed way down and didn't work on it as frequently. I knitted my Shetland Triangle shawl during this time. I finished it up by blocking it and sewing on the buttons this past week. It measures 17 inches from top (top button) to bottom with the collar folded down, 22 inches from top to bottom with collar folded up, the collar is a hair over 9 inches. With it buttoned up and lying on the floor the lower edge is 33 inches across (so about 66 inches around). It fits well and I like it. The yarn bled a lot when I was washing it to block it. I must have rinsed it with about 7 or so sinkfuls of water and it just kept turning the water red. I've never seen so much color bleed. I finally had to just give up. It turned my blocking towels slightly red in spots. It also seems to grab the lint and cat hair. Stuff really wants to stick to it. Other than that I liked the yarn and I especially like the yardage. The cables show up really well.
I've been working on my cross your heart gansey again. I started this back in 2001 and then set it aside (way aside) and didn't go back to it. I pulled it out again and am almost done with the back. I'm really in the mood lately to finish up all my WIP's and then just have one or two projects in the works at a time. I'm still scouting future projects though and hope to start the anemoi mittens fairly soon. I still want to make a swallowtail shawl and backyard leaves scarf at some point. The turbulence sweater from the Knitting Nature book, and berroco's free Wisteria pattern have also caught my eye.