Here is how far I am on my apricot jacket from Rebecca magazine issue 27.
I decided that I wasn't happy with the cashsoft for the Nantucket Jacket so I'm going to unravel the inch or so that I have done on it. I'll stash the cashsoft for some future knitting project to be determined. I had only started the Nantucket Jacket to use up that cashsoft yarn that I had originally gotten for the Peplum jacket that I later decided I didn't like that much after all. I had never really planned on knitting the Nantucket Jacket when I had first seen it in the magazine. And I've already had to unravel and start it twice. The thing is is that now that I have started knitting it, I've kind of gotten attached to the idea of it. So.....I'm going to break down and buy a bunch of expensive yarn (more yarn), the Karabella Aurora 8 that I've been wanting to try for so long now, and knit the Nantucket jacket .
But in the mean time, since I'll have to order the Aurora 8 and wait for it to arrive, I've started the Apricot Jacket. I actually had to start twice. The first time when I was about 11 rows in it looked like it was going to be too small. So I did a bunch of measuring, calculating and figuring and decided to start again only this time make the larger size. And yes, I know that right now it still looks like it would only fit a twig but I'm pretty sure that will fix itself during the assembly and blocking and all and end up ok somehow....at least I'm really hoping it will.
Also, the summer preview of Interweave Knits is up. The origami cardigan, another Norah Gaughan design, looks interesting. Maybe I'll make that with the cashsoft yarn. It reminds me of some of the recent Berrocco designs she has done where the geometry of the design is what makes it clever.