Wednesday, April 18, 2007

stalling

The knitting on Prosperous Plum is done and it is all blocked but I've stalled out at the last step. It needs the crochet crabstitch edging and I've been kind of avoiding it. I have also finished the knitting on mom's lace anthropologie inspired capelet. All it needs is a button and blocking. Knitting on my loon sweater is also complete (has been for quite a while now). It is just waiting for blocking and seaming. I'm so close to finishing all of these projects so what do I do? I start knitting another. I had been planning on knitting the Peplum Cardigan from the fall 2006 Knit It magazine. I bought 15 skeins of RYC Cashsoft Aran as a substitute from the pattern's Lion Brand Cashmere Blend and spent literally hours calculating sizes from my washed gauge swatch. I started knitting twice. The first time I was worried it was going to be too big. Then I decided that I wasn't really liking it. I wasn't liking the look of it. So I spent more time researching thru my magazines and patterns for something else I could knit with the Cashsoft. I finally decided on the Nantucket Jacket by Norah Gaughan from the winter 2006 Interweave Knits magazine (it's featured on the cover of that issue), mainly because the gauge is a match but also because I like cables. I started last night. I like knitting the pattern but worry the yarn will fuzz with time and I don't really like fuzzy yarns especially with cable designs. But, I tell myself its good to try new yarns and RYC is supposed to be a good yarn. It is machine washable but I don't think I'd have the nerve to ever really risk machine washing it after I've spent so much time in the knitting. I've read reviews of it where people generally like it and say it doesn't pill as much as the other merino cashmere blends out there. I'd really like to use Berroco Pure Merino or Karabella Auroura 8 but they are expensive and I already have the Cashsoft. I think I've thought too much about the planning of the abandoned Peplum Cardigan and now this yarn that I'm just done with thinking and just want to get to knitting.

I've also set up a flickr account. The link is on my side bar to the right. It will be for my knitting photos. There isn't much there yet though. I'm also planning on making a big yarn purchase (like I need more yarn) from Webs while they are having their big sale as soon as I decide on colors. I'd like to get some Cascade 220 for future projects including the Bell Sleeve Jacket from the Vogue Holiday 2006 issue. Besides, I'm telling myself it will be good to have extra project amounts of Cascade 220 on hand so I'm ready to go at a moments impulse.

No comments: