Sunday, July 29, 2007

Loon Sweater Finished

I finally finished my loon sweater.Pattern: Bernat "ewe can knit" pamphlet #1806, (I made the adult version of the pattern)
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Chunky, yellow is Lion Brand Chunky USA
Needles: size 9
I started this one years ago and then set it aside. I recently pulled it out and finished it. It was, when I started it, my first use of different colors and is the first time I've done duplicate stitch. The yarn is mostly acrylic with a little wool and it felt quite stiff until I washed it. After washing the sweater became surprisingly soft. I was a little worried about the style of the sleeve
s being uncomfortable (as if I'm actually going to wear this much) anyways, since it has a straight armhole and straight sleeve edge. But it turned out to be quite comfortable.


1 comment:

Mom IsAmagpie said...

I absolutely LOVE that sweater. It's put together beautifully, and I adore loons. Just wow!