Sunday, September 24, 2006

lace capelet finished


I just finished sewing the button on this lace version of the anthropologie inspired capelet from the pattern posted by crnaofca on craftster. The anthropologie inspired capelet became quite popular on craftster's knitting forums and I guess I got a little swept up in it. I made a previous one out of Sierra in cinnamon by Knit Picks following this pattern. That picture is on my knitting photo gallery page. For this lace version I used 6 skeins of Lion Brand Kool Wool in Khaki with size 11 needles. I really like this yarn and am sad that it's been discontinued. I used Kool Wool in tomato to knit a vest from the 2005 issue of Knit It magazine (pic also on my knitting photo gallery page). It's a very soft yarn but not fuzzy. I actually finished knitting this capelet in July but then dragged my heels and didn't finish weaving in the ends or blocking it until just this past week. I like knitting but blocking and finishing is a drag.Also, I've finished my clapotis! I actually finished it on Sept. 17th but haven't been able to get a good picture of it. It's been so dark and rainy and overcast. Taking the picture with a flash messes up the colors too much. I really speeded along on this and it ended up taking just less than a month to knit. I ended up with a little left over yarn from it and then also a skein that is the same colorway but different shade and have been wondering what to do with it. I came across this pattern that's kind of neat but I don't care for the way the edge curls and don't know what you could do to avoid it. Adding a ribbing would squish the dropped stitch strands I think and I'm not sure blocking would take care of it. Maybe I'll experiment with it some time.

No comments: