Saturday, May 12, 2007

Swallowtail Shawl Finished

First I'd like to thank those who left nice comments about this shawl in my previous post. I'd also like to thank everyone else who has left nice comments on my blog. I really enjoy hearing from fellow knitters and of course enjoy the comments (and it makes me feel like maybe I'm not the only one who looks at my blog.)
And now here
is my finished Swallowtail shawl.
The pattern is b
y Evelyn A. Clark from the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. I used size 8 needles and 2 1/2 skeins elsebeth lavold Silky Wool in Charcoal. I started it on 4/27/07, finished 5 days later on 5/2/07 and blocked it 5/3 and 5/4. I knitted it pretty quickly and would have finished even sooner if it weren't for all of the mistake fixing I had to do along the way. It seems like ever other row or so I would drop a stitch or less frequently forget a yarn over. I'd always catch it on the following row or so and was able to ravel down, fix it and ravel back up but still, I usually never drop stitches when I knit. Maybe it was the dark color of the yarn, I don't know. I ended up with a mistake free shawl in the end though despite it all.When I finished with swallowtail I wanted to knit another Evelyn A. Clark shawl or at least more lace. Then I spotted the Rowan Butterfly from Rowan 37. I think I'm going to have to knit this dress, even though I'll probably never wear it. I think I'm going to knit it just to knit it (like most of the other things I've knitted. It's nice that at least now I photograph them to document them first before I put them away in the FO cabinet). I didn't really give the Butterfly dress a second thought, or even like it when I first saw it, but then I started seeing all of the pretty ones people had made over at craftster (of course, the source of all temptation) and then I saw the one over at Knitpicks in their April catalog. That all led to my doing a search on flickr and now I'm smitten. I received my copy of the magazine with the pattern yesterday and today my KnitPicks color sample cards arrived. I don't care for the kid silk haze yarn that was used because I don't like fuzzy yarns. I'm considering using Knitpicks Shadow in vineyard. Maybe I'll get myself one of those dress forms to display my knitted creations on since I rarely wear them myself.

No comments: